Saturday, September 15, 2012

Learning Russian

Anna Hristenko, or "Anya" as how we call her, is a good friend whom I met thru Cholo. Anya is from Russia who went here to Thailand to work. She used to work in Lima Lima Club where Ray works and where Cholo met her but now she transferred to Bangkok. But every week, we get to see her as she visits Pattaya every sunday during her off.

Anya is a sweet girl. We call her "Barbie" as she has the resemblance of the famous doll. She's easy to get along with despite the language barrier. But she's learning quickly and adapting more english words to her vocabulary. Even a few tagalog actually. She's a dancer but can sing too. She's scheduled to visit Philippines and see Boracay. I'm excited for her!!!

I've seen so many russians here in Pattaya and they are all sexy and pretty but Anya's look (for me) is distinct. Not because she's blond, but maybe, it's her personality. Most of the russian girls I see has this strong look in their face. With her, she's like a baby. Every time she visits us, we always have a time learning russian language. She's very patient to teach us the russian translation of english words we want to know. And she enjoys it when we get and pronounce it correctly.

A few words we're fond of using with each other are "ugly", уродливые if you write it in russian, but pronounced as "uroglovi". I'm just spelling it the way I hear it in english word. Then there's "kanyeshna" (Конечно) which is "of course" in english, "Thank You" is "fashiva" (Спасибо), and a few more russian translation. It's quite interesting for me to learn the language but I admit it will take time for me to adapt to it as I am also adapting myself to thai language. But it's a fun experience learning russian language!

Being here in Pattaya exposes you to many different culture, people and language. It's fun! But if I plan to stay here in Pattaya, I really have to learn the thai language first. Next will be the russian language and the french language. Those are in my list and hopefully, if God's will, in years time, I can speak different languages already. Hmm, okay, my imagination is working. Then that will be cool! I will just have to upgrade my memory card inside my brain to take all of these. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment