Friday, September 21, 2012

The Anniversary Surprise

Hubbee just got punked!!!

Today was the day. I planned the anniversary surprise together with my former boss Chi Santos to make our upcoming celebration a special one. And it was a success!!! Here's the plot:

I told hubbee a few days ago that I'll be coming home soon since it's our 3rd year anniversary already on the 26th of this month. I was not giving an exact date. I just keep on saying it's very very soon. Until he keeps on asking when. So I just said, just wait for the text from Chi. As I have asked her to pick me up at the airport. Fast forward, the other day, Chi already sent the text message that she'll meet up with him this friday (which is today) to pick me up at the airport.

8:00 pm. Starbucks in Centris in Quezon City. It was time for the big surprise. But before that, I already sent the e-tickets to Chi so she can print it and hand it over to hubbee when they see each other. She will pretend that before going to the airport, she'll just have coffee first for a little catch up, and then, in the middle, she will hand over the envelope and will pretend that it's an airport pass and she will ask him to check if his name is spelled correctly.

And tadaaan! Upon looking at what's inside the envelope is his ticket going to Thailand this tuesday. Not to my surprise, it took him a while to finally get what's happening. That's him. He hates suprises and he responds slowly to surprises. Haha. I was expecting to get the first message thru BBM but he tweeted it instead. "Nakakainis ka nang sobra! Alam mo naman I hate surprises! Just watch the video of Chi later". Then a smile of a success plot all over my face! LOL.



He bought it. He really thought that I was coming home. He was even prepared as he brought extra shirt and underwear just in case we'll sleep over at my mom's house in laguna. Chi was great. She was able to record the moment. That's a superb multi-tasking skill. Haha. I can't thank her enough for doing this huge favor. I know she's busy but she took time to do this. You're the best! I'll make it up to you when you visit me here in Thailand soon!

Sleep tight hubbee, you only have a very few days left to prepare (wink). LOL.

2 comments:

  1. James advance happy anniv to you and will. Hope you have a lovely celeb in Thai... Boss Chi indeed is a true friend and great mentor! Cheers

    ReplyDelete