Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pork Floss

One of my favorite bread stores in the Philippines is Breadtalk. Whenever we're in ATC, it won't be complete without dropping by at the store. I'm so addicted with their Pork Floss Buns. That's my favorite. Sobrang sarap! And honestly, that was the store that introduced pork floss to me. Hehe. Pork floss or meat floss is a sweet dried pork meat product that has a light and fluffy texture, similar to coarse cotton and quite pillowy like cotton candy. It's a very popular food item in chinese culture.


BreadTalk’s pork floss is stuck to the bun by a delectable, buttery recipe cream. But I like the cheesy one. I don't like the spicy version. During my Bangkok visit, I saw one at the mall. Natuwa ako. Akala ko sa Pilipinas lang meron. Then I found out that Breadtalk originated in Singapore pala. They actually have 30 branches scattered all over that country. And what's more interesting is that it's all over asia and some countries in the middle east. Good to know!


Here in Thailand, pork floss is found anywhere. In Pattaya, you can even buy it at the market and in streets. The other night, I tried having it together with a sticky rice which costs 30B. Since then, it became my late night dinner na. Na-adik na talaga ako. Mura na, masarap na, busog ka pa! Sinasamahan ko siya nang pork bbq which costs 10B. Then bibili ako nang watermelon shake for 20B, then kumpleto na ang dinner ko for a total of 60B. Sulit sarap talaga! Oh Pork floss, pinapataba mo ako. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment