Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Drey


Last August 10, one of the Cheequitas celebrated her birthday. My good friend Drey Lallo turned 18 last week (LOL) and I'm so sad I wasn't there on her special day. Just greeted her thru BBM and Twitter. I then looked back on how our friendship started, it was years ago, back to our Team Protege memories, and I'm just so happy after so many adventures of our friendship, and years have passed, it has remained strong. Drey is a friend to keep. She's the type of friend that will stick to you no matter what and will find ways to keep the friendship strong. So I'd like to define Drey in this entry in different aspects.

As a friend...

She will be there when you need her. She will listen to you. She will give you her undivided attention. You can talk to her about anything. Problems in life, about love, work-related, crazy stuff, good old jokes (and she will still laugh at it), anything under the bonggang bonggang sinag nang sun. She will take time to spend with you if you need a company. She will protect you not in a defensive way but in her own unbiased opinion. And she will do her best to be part of your special moments. That's how she is.

As a mom...

She loves her son Asejia so much. She will do everything for him. She may not have given the ideal family for her son but she did everything to make it as normal, being the mother, and at the same time, the father to her son. She took all the responisiblities. She worked hard to raise her son in her own ways. And looking at how Asejia is growing up, despite the lack of father image, she was able to raise him enough to be the son he is right now for Drey. I am proud of her. For being strong for her self and for her son.

As a co-worker...

She's very dedicated. She may not be the star on the spotlight all the time but you can count on her at work. She's always present. Even on the days when she feels bad or feels sick. Maaasahan mo talaga siya. She's easy to work with too. I've observed her skills and honed her to be what she is now. Kudos to her hard work. I am proud to see how successful she is as a trainer now. I know that she can be a very good trainer. I am proud to hear how her trainess have said so many good things about her.

As a lover...

Okay, this is the part where I don't have much good things to say. LOL. Madalas mag-init ang ulo ko kay Drey pag usapang pag-ibig. Saksi kasi ako sa madaming love stories nito. Sabi nga nila you can't have it all. And Drey didn't get so much wisdom and knowledge about this aspect. LOL again. Pag nagmahal kasi si Drey, puso lang ang bukas. Minsan ang mata o tenga niya, madalas nakasara. Kahit sinong malapit na kaibigan ni Drey ang tanungin mo, iisa lang ang sasabihin. Last na LOL na ito. Love you Drey. Hehe.


She's not perfect. She has flaws too. But Drey is just a genuine person. A good friend. She has a good heart. And I love her just the way she is. And our friendship will remain forever, that I am sure of. I had to look back and see our video together singing "I want to spend my lifetime loving you" by Marc Anthony and Tina Arena during the Wachovia Idol years ago. Totoy at Nene pa kami dito. Haha. Singing is one of the things we enjoy doing when we're together. Kaya na-miss ko tuloy si Drey. And just like the song, pang lifetime ang love namin sa isa't isa (umagree ka Drey!).


But anyways, Happy Happy Birthday Drey. Late man ang blog entry post, nabati naman kita sa araw mismo nang iyong kaarawan. Kainis ka, naunahan mo pa ako magpa-tattoo. Hmpf! Ingat and I love you so much!!! Ang tanda mo na. LOL.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Ang sarap naman nang may blogger na friend! finally nagkaron ako ng spot sa blogosphere! hahah!this is the first time and this is very special.thanks so much! i appreciate all the things na kinalat mo dito sa blog hahah! but seriously, i didnt realize these were the things you perceive about me. i am flattered, definitely! and i cant thank you enough for keeping me and enduring my emotional "highs". I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything for a good friend (wink)...

    ReplyDelete