Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Mark Mabasa Experience


It was a disappointing result night from the latest episode of X Factor Philippines as one of their best contestants was booted out. Mark Mabasa was eliminated and he’s the second eliminated act after Jerriane Mae Templo last August 5. Although I don't watch and follow the show because I'm here in Thailand but I know what's happening there thru Twitter. And somehow I had a glimpse of the vocal range of the contestants of the first X Factor. And that's why I just can't help but agree with most of the people from Twitter that he deserves to stay in the contest. Sana nga may wild card.

Before this X Factor stint, I had a chance to meet Mark Mabasa in 22nd Street sa Las Pinas. Remember my blog entry about my first comedy bar experience? (The Comedy Bar Experience). That's where I met him and Nana had a chance pala to work with him in the past when they were doing sessions in some bars in Manila. It was a reunion for them that night. And as mentioned, he's cute in personal, nice, very accommodating and pleasant at stage. I think he's really born to be on stage. And Nana had good words about him.

But let me share to you the Mark Mabasa experience of Von Viajero...

Okay, actually this is nothing. LOL. I just want to share that on the latter part of the night when we were in 22nd Street, hosts were calling guests to sing on stage. Ganun pala dun. So a few people went up from the guests that night including Nana and my sister. Akala ko quota na yung sa table namin kasi naka dalawa na. Etong mga pinsan ko, binulungan pa yung mga hosts na tawagin ako behind my back. Although singing on stage is not new to me pero nahihiya pa rin ako kahit papano. Marunong lang kasi akong kumanta, pero di magaling.

When I was called, and usually, they will ask you two songs to sing, ang tumakbo na lang sa utak ko eh "Hanggang" of Wency Cornejo tsaka "The Last Time" of Eric Benet. Ang hirap talaga pag biglaan. Yung tipong di pa banat ang lalamunan mo. So it was Mark and the lady host who went up on stage with me to do a little interview before the singing act. When it's time to sing the first song they wanted me to sing, which was The Last Time, they had no monitor for that song. Unfortunately. Eh nakalimutan ko na rin yung ibang lyrics nung song.

Mark volunteered to stay on stage to help me on the lyrics. He was telling me the lines while I'm singing.

It was a very nice gesture. Na-appreciate ko yung thought na may taong di ako iniwan mapahiya sa stage. Maybe that's part of their job pero na-appreciate ko pa din. That's how nice he was to me that night. Kaya kahit di ako nanonood nang X Factor, I felt that the result sucks. Undeserving for the guy. But anyways, happy to see how he's taking the result based from the tweet he posted after the result night: "I will go forward, thanks to your sympathies. I didn't lose coz the real battle has just started. A fighter will never give up and never lose."

Follow him on twitter (@markmabasa) if you're a fan. Get updated with his life and career as this guy may be a star in the future. Okay, I sound like I am promoting him. Enough said. All the best in the future Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment