Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dating Theory

A friend from twitter asked for some advice about a guy he likes that he's now dating and he wants to be serious this time. We had a good discussion about different things. We also had a conversation about intimacy and I asked him to read the entry I made about it (Intimacy without Sex).  And from there, I shared also some dating theories I know based from experience and some information from friends.

Before kasi, I really sometimes look at relationship as just an emotional cage, that sad couples peek from behind the bars of, looking at all as happy single people wondering what fear of being alone made them say "I do". I love ROMANCE as compared to my love with RELATIONSHIPS before. Romance gives joy and happiness to me. Relationships gives pain and sorrow. Kaya sawain talaga ako dati.

Of course, that was my paradigm. People see and view things differently naman. And that was mine. But don't get me wrong. I'm not anti-relationship. I'm just stating a piece that I have enjoyed "Romance" so much as I have enjoyed Relationships. In terms of dating, just like my other friend, 5 dates happens to be the perfect amount of time to achieve maximum fun with no pain, no expectation equals no disappointment. It's just fun and no rules.

And as they say, after the 5 dates, it's where all the new chapter starts. It's either the start of a new happiness or a start of a new worse nightmare. Hehe. I don't wanna claim that I have dated a lot so I'll just say, I have dated a few. LOL. And most of those few dates were fun. Why? Because there's no strings attached. It was a care-free, hassle-free without thinking what would be the next. You just enjoy the time and the person you are with.

But yes, there were dates that sucked! Guys that were boring, air-headed, sexually aggressive, illogical, overly romantic. Waah!!! May mga naalala na naman ako. LOL. Okay, no naming of names. I'm glad tapos na ako sa dating-dating stage. Nahanap ko na ang para sa akin, in which we had a different and unique story not applicable to this dating theory. So anyways, let me share this theory that might help you in dating your prospect.

1st Date

First date is the new beginning. It's where all the anticipations happens. It's where the great introduction starts. The first impressions that may or may not last. It's where the fake smile and laughter shows up, the movements and gestures are refined, it's where you are fully conscious about everything that happens between the two of you. You should really be good on your first date. It's the make or break part of everything...

2nd Date


Second Date should be theatrical or cultural. You can take your date in a museum, go watch a movie, a concert, a stage play. This date is the "planned date". Unlike the first date, it's not so grand as it is the typical set-up. This is where the exchange of background information happens. And of course, the first kiss can start to happen on the 2nd date. I guess it's important to know if your date is a good kisser.

3rd Date


Third Date should be an adventure. Something out of the norm. Go for a road trip. Bunjee Jumping. Jet Skiing. River Rafting. Scuba Diving. Paintball Shooting. Race Car. Or Karaoke can be considered an adventure especially when you're date is afraid to belt some songs in public. Bring your date somewhere that will make you discover the other side of his/her personality. Pag adventure kasi, mas lumalabas minsan yung mga tinatago nilang kilos on a normal date. This is also the part where you can give a glimpse of the other side of you too...

4th Date


Fourth date should be the time where you invite him/her in your place (if you have your own). This time, cook something where you can brag about and have a simple yet romantic dinner at your dining table. It's going to be comfortable as it will be just the two of you, no disturbance from other people, and it will bring out the full personality of your date. This is the best time to show your sanctuary to your date, what you have in your place, what you keep, photo albums, the music you listen to, the books you read, etc. But NO SEX muna ha!

5th Date


Fifth Date, as the last date for the "5 Date Theory" should be the time you enjoy sex. Yes. I said SEX!!! It's where you feel the passion in him/her towards you and feel his/her naked glory. This is where you get to know if he/she is good in bed, or if he/she sucks. At this point, you are already very comfortable with each other. You know a little about the person, you have laughed about things already. But it should be spontaneous. You don't push sex to happen.

Enjoying the last of all dates, after going to places, doing stuff, eating food, knowing everything, the kissing and sex, this is where you decide whether you would like to keep your date and go to the next level, or stop from there, leave, forget and move on. This 5 Date Theory is designed to fully enjoy the art of dating. A perfect time to get to know more of your date towards some possibilities in the future. Kaya please, wag munang mag-I Love You-han sa mga unang dates. Natuwa lang minsan kasi, may I love you na agad.

Dating for me is the stage of getting to know someone. Not a phase where you need to go through so you can jump in to bed and have sex, or jump in to a relationship so quickly. Yan, madami niyan ngayon. That's why there are a lot of broken hearts today. They have been captured by their fantasies and never thought of the things that can happen when you let your emotions decide in getting in to relationships.

Dating is fun. It should be. Although disappointments, frustration, shocking revelations, crazy things should be expected. Not all dates are good. As I have said, there are dates that sucks!!! So if you plan to have some date, you may try this theory. Who knows, it might work. If it doesn't, don't blame me. LOL. But my friend got very interested to know this dating theory. I hope it works for him and to the guy he likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment