Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Letting Go

When someone walks away from your life, the best thing to do is to let them go. Okay, relax, let me explain why. Because hindi naman nakatali ang buhay mo sa person who leaves you. At ang totoo, it doesn't mean that they are bad people (I know, with the exception of some, those who are really bad by nature). It just means that their part in your life is over. Although confusing siya sa simula at di mo halos maintindihan, but eventually, you'll realize it when things are finally over.

Okay, this is not about me and hubbee. I just had a chat with a good friend over Facebook and he shared a not so good news to me. His partner broke up with him for reasons I can't say here. It's a tough situation for my friend now because it was a relationship he had for almost a year and he thought this will not come to an end this soon. And again, this is not about my friend but he inspired me to express my thoughts and views about letting go of a relationship and letting go of someone. 

Truth is, we can love someone and just be happy about it even if we know that it cannot last forever. Wala naman talaga makakapagsabi nun. But we have to put in our mind that it is not about having someone, neither about owning a relationship, but about being happy because you know you have loved someone. There is always a purpose and meaning behind all events and these develop you as a person and a lover. Although you will really have to pass the difficult stages of getting over a past relationship. It sucks, I know, especially in the beginning, but you'll get through it. That's for sure!

Mistakes are part of our lives. Some are done unintentional and some are painful when they happen. They make you realize what you had, what you've lost, and what you've taken for granted. But years later, a collection of mistakes is what we call "Experience". And these experiences will lead us to making the right decisions, and good judgements in the future. They are the ones who will also make us realize that sometimes there are no next times, no time outs, and no second chances.

In this life, we may feel tired of fighting for the same reason everyday. We may feel that everyone is moving so fast leaving you far behind. And we may feel that there's no point of moving on. Yes, there is no certainty in life, in love. But always remember, sa karera na yan, it's not always how fast you get there, but it's on how you played the game. Minsan pa nga, it's better to be like a turtle who patiently moves and enjoys every step of the way, kaysa sa rabbit who runs so fast and missing every simple single detail in life.

Life is indeed full of contradictions. Alam naman natin yan. Sometimes, it's crazy to be sane. You need to fall to fly. You have to learn to know the lesson. You have to give up because you are strong. You have to be wrong to make things right. Nonetheless, life's complexities are also life's source of beauty. Try to think about it. We should cry to laugh again, fall apart to be whole again, and get hurt to love again. Ironic as it seems, but that's how it is. Di ba?!

Not all stories has a happy ending, like what happened to my past relationships. I thought I have a beautiful script na. But it ended the hard way (on my part). I even said to myself that I can't let go of hurt because it's a constant reminder of one love story I never expected to come to an end. Pero na-realize ko, that ending does not mean that I should stop. It became a way of telling myself that there is a new beginning ahead of me, that I really deserve. That I should always be ready for the unpredictable and expect the unexpected.

Na-realize ko din that it's easy to fall but hard to get up and be back on the track. Di ba? Jusmiyo! But I said to myself, that after the storm, I will be a much better person than before. That's the way of life. You don't live it, you learn from it. This is what I've shared to my friend kanina sa chat about my ex:

"I had let go of what I thought I owned... It hurts... Yes... A lot actually... But getting through each day made me realize that the world will just keep on turning and I have to continue breathing even if that person is not around... Hindi naman titigil ang mundo para lang sa heart ache ko... Napaka-special ko naman kung ganun... Kaso hindi... So I got to move on... Face the world after that person ruined it... And prove that I can be better than what that person used to have in me..."

Marami pa ding pwedeng mangyari sa buhay mo after a painful relationship. Time will come that you will realize that the people you meet in life have a purpose. Some were put to test you, yung iba gagamitin ka, and some would bring out the better, if not, the best in you. Some may even cause you pain and heartache, but one must learn to move on. Yun yung sinasabi nilang the art of letting go.

As they say, love has its own reason, destiny has its own way, and karma has its own judgement. If you became happy with the wrong one, how much more when the right one comes along. At dahil naniwala ako jan, nahanap ko tuloy yung taong magpapasaya sa akin. Kaya to my good friend, you know who you are. This is for you. Cheer up. The next best thing is coming!!!

Ang odd lang, after an entry about a lasting relationship, about letting go yung kasunod. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment