Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Ray

Ray as how we call her, Ray Marie Soriano is her complete name and is the bestfriend of Nana here in Pattaya. She calls her Istampyudit for reasons I don't know yet (matanong nga bukas, I always forget). And when in stage performing, she's called Rya. She's one of the vocalist in her band who likes Beyonce that's why she moves and sings like her when in stage. She can be Shakira at times who can jiggle wiggle her ass at stage to entertain the people in the crowd. She's a very good performer as I may say and has a striking charm when you watch her on stage.


I met her few days when I arrived here in Pattaya. Katapat lang nang kwarto nila Nano at Nana ang room ni Ray. Magaan na agad ang loob ko sa kanya simula pa lang. I'm very picky with people, and I choose the people I interact with. But with her, it was an instant connection, just like with Nana. Days passed, nagkakasama kaming tatlo sa apartment nila nano at nana, kwentuhan lang, tambay, tawanan, nood nang tv, or minsan, nag-aaya sila kumain sa labas. Doon na nabuo ang samahan naming tatlo.


Yesterday, it was her birthday. She did not plan any birthday party because she has work. So Nana sent a BBM message while I was at the gym. She asked me to go to Lima Lima (that's where Ray performers) so I can join Ray's birthday night. Ray wanted that so I obliged since it's her birthday. I enjoy watching their band din naman so I went there. Kahit mag-isa, go pa din. Pagdating, order nang Singha, nood, video nang performance ni Ray, palakpak, indak sa musika, ganun. Kahit may mga babaeng lumalapit sa akin kagabi (dalawa din yun, magkasunod), sakit sa ulo. Di po ako straight. LOL!


Until their first set break, I saw her band mates gave her a cake, a whisky and a card. Ray wasn't talking about her birthday that's why she was surprised how they knew it. But I was happy for her. Nung tumabi nga sa akin si Ray, I asked her if she's happy. She said yes naman. That was my wish for her. To be happy, not just only on her birthday but for the rest of the days to come. She's a beautiful person in and out and she deserves unending happiness. Masayahin at mabuting tao talaga si Ray.


After 4 sets, tapos na ang tugtog nila. Tapos na ang trabaho niya. We went to Candy Shop to see if her friends are still there. Para mag-inom at mag-celebrate sila. Ako pass na ako sa ganun. Di naman talaga ako umiinom. Gusto ko lang siya ihatid dun. Kaso pagdating doon, wala na mga kaibigan niya. Di pala niya nasabihan. Haha. Kaya nag-aya na lang kumain si Ray. Dinala niya ako sa Hamburger Denmark. Doon daw sila madalas kumain nang burger ni Nana dati. In fairness, masarap naman ang burger nila.


Doon na kami nagkwentuhan ni Ray. Doon ko siya mas nakilala. That it was becoming a dancer or a cop ang naging dream niya pala noon, hindi talaga pagkanta. We exchanged some stories of our lives na din. It feels good to meet someone like here especially that I'm just new here in Pattaya. A friend like her gives me good reason to stay aside from the good company of my cousins and Nana. Ray is a friend, a sister and family to me now, the same treatment I give to Nana. And when I consider someone like that, I treasure it forever. Happy Birthday Ray! I wish you all the best!!!

Watch some of Ray's performance in Lima Lima last night as she celebrates her special day...

No comments:

Post a Comment