Saturday, July 28, 2012

On Looks & Face Value

The other day, I got a message in BBM from someone (itago na lang natin siya sa pangalang Rayan, LOL) who recently added me and had this kind of conversation. Read for yourself...


I hate this kind of people. And I hate having conversations with them. Unfortunately I had one with him which I didn't expect. Actually, I was honest enough when I said "no" to his question because based from his DP, medyo okay naman. Ikinainit nang ulo ko yung part na sinabi niyang "Sunget naman neto". Nag-liyab tuloy ulo ko. Yung ganito... Hehe.

Okay, since it's BBM, walang tono, walang facial reaction, no body movement or whatsoever, sabihin na nating namis-interpret niya yung sinabi ko. Akala niya nagsusungit ako. But I wasn't. I was plainly just telling the truth that it's hard for me to really tell it because I haven't seen him. I don't even know him. I realized then, why are some people so hooked about their looks. Obsessing on having such great face value.

This is a point of view of someone who has not been gifted with great looks & face value. Okay, hindi ako nagpapaawa or waiting for someone to say, "Uy, hindi naman". Seriously, I have accepted it. Truth to the matter is, it's not so much important to me that it wasn't much relevant to my existence. Let me tell you why...

First, acceptance is the freedom to imprisonment of it. Instead of getting sick of your face problem, why not just accept it and live with it. In fact, it doesn't say if you don't have it, you won't survive in this world. That's not the case. It was not for me at all. I lived my life not minding too much of it. And yes, I said not too much. Because I still somehow did. Who wouldn't? I don't want to be a hypocrite. But I did not get obsessed with it. I guess for some good reasons...

In love, ayan, pagdating diyan, hindi naman ako na-deprive. Hindi naman ako naging single for life. In fact, hindi naman ako nabakante. At hindi po ako nagyayabang. Kahit nung sa other side pa ako. Nagka-girlfriends naman ako. At nung tumalon sa kabilang bakod, nagkaroon pa nga ako nang siyam na relasyon (including hubbee). Hindi ko rin naman masabing patapon yung mga naka-relasyon ko mapababae man o mapalalake, kasi may mga itsura naman sila at magagandang katangian (gusto ko sana i-post mga pictures nila, nahihiya lang ako, haha).

And while I'm single, nagkakaroon naman ako nang mga dates. At hindi uli sa pagmamayabang, I even had a casual sex sa isang kilalang male celebrity at not so known ramp model which I still can't believe it happened. But it did. My face value, same as before and today. On looks, I was never that hunky sexy buff type guy. In short, hindi ko naging puhunan talaga ang mukha at katawan sa buhay para maranasan lahat iyon. Naranasan ko naman nang normal ang buhay tulad sa mga nabiyayaan pero siyempre iba pa rin yung sa kanila. Mas lamang sila sa mga ganyan. Hehe.

What am I trying to say?

I noticed kasi that many single guys nowadays invest so much in their physical attributes rather than their inner beauty. A lot would go to the gym, get their abs, be the sexiest hunk in town but their personality sucks! Mga frequent visitors sa mga clinics, spa, or beauty enhancement shops pero pag nagsalita, jologs! Mga sumasali nang male beauty contests pero nakikipag negosyo sa mga bilihan nang tropeyo kapalit nang isang gabi!

I mean there's nothing wrong with those enhancements, really. If I'm given a chance, I would try some too. Why not. We're all human and our society gives a special treatment to those who looks good. Let's admit that. But we should never ever forget to enhance our inner beauty also. That's my point. Our values, our moral, our personality. Because sa usapang pagwapuhan, oo, hindi yan masyado lilitaw. Kung ano lang ang nakikita nang mata, yun lang yun. Pero sa usapang pag-ibig, pangmatagalang relasyon, which everyone desires of, it's a different story.

Normally, I ask hubbee, why does he love me. Hobby ko yun. I sometime say andami namang nagpapa-cute sa kanya na gwapo, sexy, macho, may dating, kilala, etc. But why does he stay with me. I'm no match with them. Then the countless good reasons are uttered. All based from the strong foundation of a good relationship. He said he would rather stay in love with someone who has good set of values, good moral and conduct, has discipline, has self-control, and an amazing personality (at pinuri ko daw ang sarili ko dito). Sampung tapik sa balikat ko!

Then sabay sasabihing, "di ka naman panget mackee, cute ka nga sa paningin ko". Tapos maniniwala na ako. Haha. Just kidding. 

We may have different views about this but I still encourage people, most especially to the single ones, na be patient in love. Don't compete with the society that put so much emphasis on good looks and face value. Pag minahal ka dahil sa itsura mo lang, pustahan tayo, di yan tatagal! Remember that in love, it's not recognized by the heart. Our heart has its own eyes that sees deeper than the ones in our head. At yun yung masayang love. Yung nagwapuhan yung heart sa tao, hindi yung mata niya.

Pero ako, gusto ko pa din magpagwapo. Haha. Sabay bawi! Not because to attract others, but to feel good about myself, and be a better partner for hubbee. Hindi ko na issue yung pinagsasabi ko dito kasi matagal na kami. Kaya sa mga singles out there, sabay pagwapuhin ang panlabas at panloob na anyo. Pansinin niyo, marami ding gwapo na di matagpuan ang love kasi panget ang ugali nila. Hehe. Sa mga di masyado nabiyayaan, maging inspirasyon niyo sana ako. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment